Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Rihanna debuts clothing line


Photo by getwhitit.com

Rihanna recently debuted her clothing line "River Island" at Fashion Week in London. The collection looks a lot like her. It has a lot of sheer and midriff mixed with some bagginess. I'm a little iffy about Rihanna's style. She looks great on red carpets but as far as her everyday "running around" look. Im not a fan of it. In my opinion I don't think a lot of students around campus would buy her clothing but I guess only time will tell.

2 comments:

  1. I agree about her walking around/everyday clothing. I have seen her in pictures and thought, "WTF is she thinking?" Although, I did see a pic of her in a cute bikini with a chain wrapped around her midriff and I really liked it, although I would never wear it. I think celebrity fashion is for celebrities, I don't think I would wear any of it in my every day life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree...I'm not really a huge fan of Rihanna's everyday style but I appreciate how she is trying to try and explore new things and push boundaries in fashion. It takes a lot of gumption to be different, especially when the spotlight is constantly on you. Her clothing line though I don't know if its her own clothing line or some of her own designs being sold by a fashion chain already, as River Island is the name of a huge fashion store/label in Britain. I shop in there a lot when I'm home and some of the designs shown in the pictures above are available in the stores and are worn quite regularly and are often sported by the fashionistas on the high street

    ReplyDelete